SMA Pro Follow-On Stage 2 Baby Milk Powder, 6+ Months 800g
SMA ® PRO Follow-on Stage 2 Milk Powder is tailored for babies from 6 months as part of a varied weaning diet. At 6 months babies development progresses quickly. And they start to run out of the iron stores they had from their mothers, so their iron needs increase at this stage. SMA® PRO Follow-on Milk is enriched with iron to help support normal cognitive development in baby’s brain. Inspired by our research into natures wonderful nutrients SMA® PRO Follow-on Milk also contains 2’FL – our latest breakthrough in baby nutrition.
SMA Pro Follow on Stage 2 Milk Powder
Our expert team at SMA® Nutrition is dedicated to understanding the complex structure of breast milk and to applying the learnings from nature to our own products.
We have been leading research in baby nutrition for over 100 years and have over 70 years breast milk research so have produced SMA® PRO Follow-on Milk, expertly developed with nature in mind to help support babies’ unique nutritional needs. It contains vitamin D and calcium to support the normal growth and development of bones and Omega 3 & 6† to support normal development and growth.
†Beneficial effect of essential fatty acids is obtained with a daily intake of 10 g of linoleic acid and 2 g of α-linolenic acid.
Ingredients of SMA Stage 2 Baby Milk Powder
- Lactose (milk),
- vegetable oils (sunflower, rapeseed),
- whey protein (milk),
- skimmed milk,
- whey permeate (milk),
- calcium citrate,
- sodium phosphate,
- potassium citrate,
- potassium chloride,
- emulsifier (soya lecithin),
- DHA (Oil from the microalgae Schizochytrium sp.),
- acidity regulator (citric acid),
- 2’-Fucosyllactose (2’FL),
- vitamin C,
- magnesium chloride,
- potassium phosphate,
- ferrous sulphate,
- zinc sulphate,
- antioxidants (tocopherol-rich extract, ascorbyl palmitate),
- vitamin E,
- pantothenic acid,
- copper sulphate,
- vitamin A,
- vitamin B6,
- manganese sulphate,
- potassium iodide,
- folic acid,
- sodium selenate,
- vitamin K,
- vitamin D,
- vitamin B12,
How to prepare your baby’s feed
Whilst this product is made under strict hygienic conditions, it is not sterile. Failure to follow instructions on preparation and storage may make your baby ill.
- Step 1 Pull the safety seal and open the lid. Lift the tab, pull on the foil seal, carefully and safely remove the seal and dispose of it.
- Step 2 Wash hands well. Wash and sterilise all utensils according to manufacturers’ instructions.
- Step 3 Boil 1 litre of fresh tap water. Allow boiled water to cool for no more than 30 minutes. Do not use artificially softened or repeatedly boiled water.
- Step 4 Strictly follow the feeding table. First, pour water into a sterilised beaker or bottle, carefully – it is hot. Then add the powder using only the scoop provided, carefully levelling off each scoop with the back of a clean dry knife. Store the scoop across the inner rim of the can and replace the lid.
- Step 5 Place a lid on the beaker, or teat and cap on the bottle, and shake well until powder is fully dissolved. Cool beaker/ bottle under cold running water or in a bowl or jug of cold water until lukewarm, do not immerse the lid/teat. Test temperature by shaking a few drops onto the inside of your wrist.
Important feeding information
- Do not add extra powder or water to make the feeds stronger or weaker and do not press powder into scoop. Using too much or too little powder can make your baby ill.
- We recommend preparing each feed in individual beakers/bottles when required.
- For hygienic reasons, discard unfinished feed in the beaker/bottle as soon as possible.
- Made-up formulae can be poured over cereals and mixed with food.
- Do not alter or add to formulae unless medically directed.
- Do not warm feeds in microwave, hot spots may occur and cause scalding.
- Remember, cows’ milk should not be used as a drink during the first year.
Safety Warning before use SMA Pro Baby Milk Powder
Breast milk is best for babies and breastfeeding should continue for as long as possible. SMA® Pro Follow-on Milk is only suitable for babies over 6 months as part of a mixed diet. It should not be used as a substitute for breast milk during the first 6 months. The decision to start weaning or to use this product before 6 months, should be made only on the advice of a doctor, midwife, health visitor, public health nurse, dietitian or pharmacist, based on baby’s individual needs. When bottle-feeding, do not allow prolonged or frequent contact of milk feeds with teeth as this increases the risk of tooth decay. Ask your healthcare professional or dentist for advice. Never leave your baby alone during feeding as there is a risk they might choke.
Our more lets product show on etradus.in